To build a new form, go to your Dashboard and click on the Online Registrations tile.
Click on +Build New Form
You will then be directed to the form builder view where you would...
1. Enter the name of your form in the Form Name field
Note: Do not type the year in the name of your form. The year will be displayed in the form name automatically if you set a year in the form settings below.
- If the form relates to a particular year or season, select it from the Season dropdown list.
- If the form relates to a particular sport, select it from the Sport dropdown list.
- If you expect to organise the people that register into teams/groups with grades/divisions and use TeamBuilder™, either click the Add Grades button and create the grades for your form or if you already have grades created select the grades from your existing grade list.
- Your email address will automatically be populated into the From Email field. When people complete the form, they'll receive a confirmation email (unless this option has been turned off in the Advanced Options area). If someone replies to that confirmation email, their reply will go to whatever From Email address you set here.
2. Click the Advanced Options button to decide whether you want to change any system defaults.
Here are the advanced options that you can apply to your form (descriptions of each option below):
- Email a copy to the registrant - This sends a confirmation email that is a copy of the completed form to the person once they have submitted the form. Ticked on by default
- Visible in mobile app - This includes the form within the list of forms visible under the Register icon for anyone using your Sporty mobile app, so people can view and complete the form via the mobile app.
- Show Timestamp - This adds a timestamp to registrations and is ticked on by default. The timestamps will be displayed on the registration form, the form database and on the export.
- Allow registrant edit - This automatically adds to the confirmation email a unique link (URL) back to the completed form, allowing people to click the link from this confirmation email to return to their completed form and update their details/answers at a later stage. Ticked on by default
- Allow PhotoCard - If you subscribe to PhotoCard digital IDs, then a PhotoCard will automatically be created for everyone who completes the form. You can then manage this setting for each person in your database view. See this support article for more information.
- Exclude from CRM - If you are using SuperCRM, you may not want to include all registrants of a form in the CRM. By ticking this field excludes those records from appearing in the CRM.
- Allow form to auto-fill with known details - Enables a banner at the top of the registration form. When displayed people can automatically fill the form using previous registration information by entering their SP reference number from the previous registration and their Date of Birth. See this support article for more information.
- Limit maximum amount of responses - Set a maximum number of registrations for the form. Users will see a message when they try to enter a registration after the limit has been reached.
- Email copy of registration confirmation - If you also want to receive a copy of the confirmation email whenever someone completes the online form enter your email address here. You can enter multiple email addresses if you want to and each will receive a copy of the registration confirmation email.
- Start date - If you wish to prevent people from completing the form before a specified date, set the date here using the date-picker.
- End date - If you wish to prevent people from completing the form after a specified date, set the date here using the date-picker.
- Next Season Form - If another form already exists for the next year/season you can link your form to that form. This linkage is used when you wish to roll people's records forward from one database to another, or when you use the bulk invitation to re-register facility - see this support article. Note that this linkage is set automatically for the official forms from sports codes governing bodies.
- Confirmation Email Content - This is where you can add text that will sit above the introductory text in confirmation emails. This can be where you add messages, for example, to thank players for registering or instructions that need to be read after completing a registration. This is only visible to the person in their confirmation email.
3. Set the introductory text that will display at the top of your form in the Intro Text area. This commonly includes the purpose of your form and any key information that people are likely to need such as important dates, pricing, or instructions. You can include links to documents or other pages from within this text area.
Here is an example of what the Terms & Conditions would look like when a registrant fills out the form:
Scroll to the area where you can add questions. You will see the fields First Name, Last Name and Email address. These 3 fields are mandatory fields that must appear on every form and cannot be deleted. There is the ability to change their display name on the form e.g. First Name could have the display name of Student's First Name.
1. To add questions, click + Add Question or if you would like to add the question to a completely different section, click on + Add New Section.
2. When you click + Add Question, you can then select your question type. Please see this article for an explanation of the different question types.
There are two field types:
System Fields - these relate to a person, e.g., Gender, Date of Birth, Ethnicity. Use these fields when wanting person information.
Custom Fields - that can be any question type e.g. Who is your sporting hero?
3. When you have added your question, you can set it to be Required or Admin Only.
You can set any additional fields to be mandatory by ticking the Required checkbox.
By ticking the Admin Only checkbox, the field is not visible to the person completing the form. This lets you record additional fields of information for a registrant that are only visible to you as an administrator. You can edit their record once they have registered and add information into the field.
Note: You cannot have both Required and Admin Only ticked on at the same time as the registrant will not be able to submit their registration.
4. There are handy formatting tools that you can use to change how your form will display. Firstly, you can easily change the order of the sections and questions in your form. Do this by using the four-way arrow drag-handles to drag & drop them into whatever order you want.
Adding a New Section
1. If you want to add a question on a separate section, click on + Add New Section.
2. You can add a header title to the section, if required.
3. You can also tick on the Expand box to show the fields on your form in an expanded view or leave it unticked for it to be collapsed. This provides you with the option to compress a lot of information into a small space that users can visually scan in a quick way.
Expanded View of the registration form (display all the details of your form).
Collapsed view of the registration form (display a summary of your form).
5. You can delete sections or questions by clicking the trashcan icon at the top of the section you wish to delete, or beside a question you wish to delete.
6. Once you are happy with your form, click Save Form. Note that you should also do this if you intend leaving your computer for a prolonged period during the process of building a form, in case you become logged out over time and your changes become lost.
7. When you save a form, you must select a folder to save the form to, or create a new folder.
8. Your new form will now appear in the selected folder in the Online Registrations area.
9. To display your form, you can use the Online Form widget within the Sporty Website Builder, or use the form's address (URL) to display a link to the form on Facebook or via email. For more information please see:
10. You can add products to the bottom of the form to record payments owed and also accept online payments. For more information please see:
11. To test your form, please see this support article
Add a Condition
Adding a condition is an advanced feature and should be used with caution. This is used when you want a specific section to only display if a condition is met, e.g., a Parent/Guardian section which only comes up when the registrant is under 18 or a Medical Condition section that comes up when the registrants answer Yes to having allergies or medical conditions (as shown below).
1. To do this, after you have added the section, click on + Add Condition.
2. You then choose the question the condition is going to be based on. Clicking on this will bring up the list of questions you have already added to the form so before adding the condition, make sure you have already added this question on a preceding section.
3. Select whether you want the registrant's answer to be either:
Is Equal To - exactly the same as the value that you are going to add in the compare value field.
Contains - contains the characters that you are going to add in the compare value field.
Is Under 18 - the Date of Birth entered in the form indicates that the registrant is under 18 (the Date of Birth system field would have had to be added for this condition to work).
4. Fill in the compare value field, and beside it, slide the button to select whether you would like to SHOW or HIDE the section if the condition is met. In this case, the section is set to SHOW if the registrant has answered Yes to the question selected.
5. After you have set the condition, proceed to adding a question. Here's a sample of what a conditional section would look like: