On your online form, you can add products, services and take payments.
When you are setting up your form, you can add products as optional extras or as mandatory items and you also have the option to take payment upon submission, or at a later date.
Products and services can be added regardless of having payments enabled on your form.
For general instructions on how to create an online form, see this support article.
This article includes
- How to add products/services to a form
- How to check your form
- Pay Later (if enabled)
- Manually add a payment
How to add products/services to a form
Note: If a club adds a product to their official sports form, this product will only be visible at the club level.
1. Login to your Sporty site and go to the Online Registrations tile from your dashboard.
2. Either locate the existing form you want to edit, or click + Build New Form.
3. At the bottom of the form is the Products section.
4. By default, the product section will be called Please select:, so rename this if you want it to be called something else.
5. Skip this step if you do not have online payments enabled - go to Step 8 instead.
If you have online payments enabled via www.sportspay.co.nz, and want payments to be mandatory, tick the checkbox for Decline Registration if Payment Unsuccessful. You can also prevent people from paying by direct debit, as when the payment processes overnight, it may decline although the registration would be approved.
6. If you want to receive a copy of the transaction receipt at a different email address as set in Admin Settings, enter the email address (or addresses) into the space provided.
7. If you want to include the transaction fee in the total payable, tick the checkbox for Adjust price to include transaction fee. This will display the transaction fee as a separate line item on the registrants cart.
If you have enabled this option, the transaction fee will show under your list of products and you can modify how it is tracked on Xero or MYOB (if enabled).
Example of how the transaction fee is displayed in the cart.
Note: The transaction fee changes according to the payment method selected. Initially, it will show as $0 until you choose from the payment methods available.
8. In the space provided, enter the description of your product or service, as well as the price. The Max Qty is by default set to 99, but click the drop-down to change this. You may only want to allow for 1 of this product to be selected. Once you have added the details you require, click +Add to add the product to your form.
9. Once you have added the product, or products, you can reorder the position by clicking and dragging the drag handle icon. You can also delete a product by clicking the trash can icon, or edit the product by clicking the edit pencil icon.
Please note that if you are connected to MYOB, you will see "MYOB Account", "MYOB Tax Rate" and "MYOB Tracking...".
If a product has been marked to Hide, only when the administrator is logged in as the administrator can they view this product. Any products that have been hidden are visible to the administrator only.
If you have connected with Xero or MYOB, you can also set the account code and tax rate that will be used when a draft invoice is automatically raised in Xero/MYOB for you.
- For information on integration with Xero, please see this support article.
- For more information on integration with MYOB, please see this support article.
You can decide whether to set products/services on your form to be Required. This means that people must select a product/service before they can submit the form.
This is done by clicking on the edit pencil icon beside the product/service, and tick the checkbox in the Required column that corresponds to the item. Then click Done.
If you require people to select at least one product/service from a group of options, you can set it to be part of a group. For example, you could set Junior Subs and Senior Subs to be part of a group, meaning that people must select one of these options before they can submit the form.
Click on the hyperlinked word Group.
A pop up will then display for you to tick on the products you would like to group together.
Once done, click Save.
Note: Making a product required or grouped doesn't mean that payment is mandatory, it means that product amount will show as owing. To set this up (e.g., no pay-no play policy), please refer to this support article.
Automatically trigger the selection of product (premium feature)
You can set a product to be automatically selected when a person answers a specific question on a form. This is by setting an automatic trigger against a product.
In the product options under Automate, click the Trigger hyperlink.
See this support article for step by step instruction on how to use triggers.
In some cases, you may want to hide items that were once available for purchase. For example, an early bird discounted item, or if an item has sold out. Edit the product, tick Hide then click Done.
The product will no longer be publicly visible or available for selection.
Allow online payments
The checkbox for Allow Pay Online is by default, enabled. If you want the product or service to be unavailable for online payments, untick the checkbox. Then click Done.
Although it is unusual to do this, it can be useful in cases where a product/service has an extremely high value that you would rather let people pay offline to avoid incurring the transaction fees charged by Visa and MasterCard.
10. Optionally, you can allow partial payment Allow Partial Payments (Optional)
Please read this support article here for information on this topic.
11. Don't forget to click Save Form before closing the page.
How to check your form
After you have set your form up, self review it to ensure that you get the expected outcome when someone submits a registration.
When checking a form, if you are logged in to your Sporty site you will view the administrator view of the form. As this view can differ to what a registrant will see, we recommend doing one of the below actions to view your form correctly. Please note that you will need to have copied the link to the specific form first. See this article for how to copy a link to your form.
- In your current browser, log out of your Sporty site and paste the link into the address bar of your browser.
- If you are logged in to your Sporty site, open a different browser to have two browsers open simultaneously. Paste the link to your form into the browser you are not logged in to. For example, you may be logged in to Sporty on Chrome, and have Firefox open to view your form on.
- If you are logged in to your Sporty site, press ctrl+shift+n on your keyboard at the same time to open an incognito browser window. As this mode does not record your history, it will not recognise that you are logged in. Paste the link to your form into the address bar.
Ensure you are not logged in when you complete a test registration. If you are logged in as a user, you can bypass any mandatory payments.
1. In the address bar of your browser, paste the link to your form. Press Enter.
2. Complete the form as if you were a regular registrant, and select a product or products to ensure you understand how they work and that they are acting in the expected manner. Click Submit.
You can delete your test registration after you have submitted it.
3. Check the payment cart contents
If you have enabled online payments for your form, the next step will show a payment cart view where you/the registrant can select the payment method they prefer to proceed with.
Please note: The transaction fee will initially show as $0 until you select the payment method, and then the amount will appear accordingly.
Pay Later (if enabled)
If Decline Registration if Payment Unsuccessful is not selected, this option will be available.
If users do not wish to make a payment at this time they can click Pay Later.
The registrant will receive a confirmation email once their registration has been submitted which includes a link at the top of the email that will take them back to the payment cart so that they can make an online payment via credit card or direct debit.
Once you have submitted a test registration, view the registration record.
Once you have submitted your test registration, log back in to your Sporty site to see it displayed within the form database in Online Registrations.
1. Go to Online Registrations from the dashboard, then locate and select the specific form. This is where all registrations will appear once they have been submitted. Your test registration will be displayed here.
You can see the amount which you, the registrant, had purchased when completing the registration.
- Payable: the total dollar amount of all products/services selected when the form was completed.
- Paid: the total dollar amount that has been paid on the registration.
- Balance: the total dollar amount that is outstanding on the registration. This will show in red if there is money owing.
The email address registered will receive a confirmation email at the time of registration that details all the products selected on the form regardless if they have been paid or not. This email also contains a link To make payment, click here which will take them to the payment cart and allow them to make payment via credit card or online payment.
Manually add a payment
You can manually add a payment to a persons record for instances where the person has paid you separately by cash or internet banking.
1. To add a manual payment, click the $ icon to the right of the registration record.
2. This will expand the view below the registration record which will show the amounts, date and method of payment. It will also allow you to manually add a payment to the record by entering the dollar value you want to add, then click Add Payment to confirm.
3. You will then see the amount deducted from the balance leaving the new total owing (if any).
For more information regarding online registrations, please see this support article.