Sporty is an official partner app for Xero online accounting software. If you connect your Sporty website to Xero, the following becomes possible:
- Sporty can automatically raise invoices in Xero whenever someone submits one of your online forms (for example, when a member registers or renews or when you sell products).
- Xero shares your Chart of Accounts list (General Ledger codes) with Sporty so you can set which GL code Xero should use for each of the line items on an invoice. For example, you might want to code your revenue from membership fees to one GL code and your revenue from merchandise sales to a different GL code in Xero. Click here to learn more about Xero settings for GL codes and Tax Rates.
- If Sporty creates an invoice in Xero for a person that doesn't already have an account 'Contact' in Xero, Sporty can create the Contact in Xero for you. You can decide which fields on your form are used for the Contact name in Xero (for example, the name of a parent or a school).
- If you have online payments enabled in Sporty (such as Stripe or POLi) and someone pays you online when they submit your online form, Sporty can automatically mark their invoice in Xero as 'Paid'.
- Similarly, if you mark an invoice as 'Paid' in Xero, then Xero can automatically update Sporty to show that payment has been received.
- If Sporty has raised an invoice for a person in Xero, but the person changes their selection later so that the total amount payable is changed, Sporty can automatically update Xero for you.
- Netball Centres can raise draft invoices in Xero for their Team Entry Fees and the NNZ & Zone levies from within www.SuperCRM.co.nz member management system.
- You can set Tracking codes in Sporty so that different line items are automatically coded to your different cost centres in Xero. Click here to learn more about Xero tracking codes.
- When Xero recognises an address from Sporty while raising an invoice, it will auto-populate both the billing address, and the delivery address.
If your Sporty site is not yet connected to Xero, there is a one-time process to get this set up. Please click here to learn how to connect Sporty with your Xero the first time.
OPTIONAL: You may also wish to let people pay you online by credit card, electronic direct debit (bank to bank), or bank transfer via POLi. For more information regarding enabling online payments, please click here.
Tips for bookkeepers:
- Reconciling your merchant pay-out within Xero: See here for more information.
- Using Xero Tracking Codes and Options: See here for more information.