Within your Sporty platform, there is a section for Online Registrations. This section includes a form builder utility that lets you create, and update online forms that you can use to collect data for specific reasons. Whenever someone completes your form, their submitted information will be automatically stored in your database against that specific form.
You can do the following with your online form (official or local):
- Add custom introductory text
- Add custom terms and conditions text
- Add your own fields/questions
- Share your form using it’s own unique address (URL)
- Set the form to send yourself a copy of the registrants submission
- … and much more!
New Zealand Rugby, and Netball New Zealand are among the many major sports codes that use Sporty Online Registrations to officially register all participants nationally.
Every club and school can access their own free version of Sporty (there are paid premium subscriptions and features available upon request) which enables them to be able to view their official sports registration forms for the likes of netball, or rugby.
As each form is customisable, as well as the official registration forms, clubs and schools can add their own specific fields on to the form. Fields that have been added at the official level cannot be removed or modified, however additional fields and information can be added on to the form.
Please bear in mind that any fields added at the club or school level are only visible to the club or school unless otherwise shared. Official registration forms may also be called SuperForms, where forms that are created by the club or school and are not provided by a governing body are called local forms.
If you are responsible for administering the registration forms for players and non-players at your club or school, there are a few steps to follow each season. These are below.
- Find your club or school Sporty site. If you can’t find your Sporty site, please use our Clubs or Schools Search. If your club or school is not listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login to your site by scrolling to the bottom of the page until you see “Admin Login” on the lower right side. Click this to login. If you cannot login or are unsure of your login details please contact us at email@example.com.
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click the Online Registrations tile.
- Locate the official form for the specific season. For example, this may be called Junior Rugby Player Registration 2023, or Netball Registration 2023. Both will be located within the 2023 folder.
- From here you can edit the form to add your own fields, questions, and optional payment options. You can also copy the link that is directly associated to the form so that players and non-players can register to the form.
For further and more detailed instructions on how to create or edit a form, please click here.
Although you can let people complete a blank registration form each season, Sporty provides methods to make completing a registration form even easier. Magic links, and an Autofill Wizard save time, and the hassle of having to log in to register each season.
- Magic Links - email your database a member specific link that autofill’s any known details.
- Autofill Wizard - lets people use their specific reference ID number, and date of birth to autofill their form.
To mitigate duplicate registrations from being submitted, when the user enters their details into the form the system will do an automatic check to see if the known details are already registered in the database. If they are found to be a match in the system, the user will be notified on screen and asked whether they want to cancel, or continue entering their registration.
View/Export your Database
You can view or export your database of registrants by clicking into the specific form in Online Registrations. If the form is an official registration form that was shared to you by a national or regional sports organisation, the records are automatically shared to meet the reporting requirements of the governing body. Please remember that any fields added by the club or school are only visible to the club or school unless otherwise shared.
For information on how to view your database of those who have submitted a registration, please click here.
Your database will also be automatically visible in TeamBuilder, as well as SuperCRM.
SuperCRM is a paid premium feature. If you want to know more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.