A Playoff phase is used to determine the final placings for teams in a competition. This phase is highly flexible and can be customised to your exact requirements to capture complex scenarios such as team eliminations, repechage, teams progressing directly to finals and much more.
To create a Playoff Phase
1. Select + Add Phase
2. Rename Phase name (recommended)
3. Select Playoff from the list of phase types
4. Select the contributing phase. This can also be customised per grade if necessary in the Contributing Phase column
5. Select the Playoff format as required for each grade in the Playoff column. The options available are: PQSF (Preliminary Final, Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final) QSF (Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final), SF (Semi Final and Final), F (Final) or None
Note: The selection of playoff format can be edited without needing to create a new phase providing no fixtures have been scored. You will receive a warning that the draw will be regenerated when saving the new selection.
6. Add the dates for each stage of the playoff phase.
7. Edit preferred times if necessary
8. Select Add.