The Custom Tab that can be set up to display on person profiles allows for greater flexibility to view a unique and customised set of data that is important to your organisation.
Set the tab up in settings how you would like it to display when you are viewing a persons profile at a glance.
Update the tab name, select question fields from forms and modify how these are displayed on the custom tab area. This feature will become greatly valued when needing to view important information at a glance.
In this article:
Custom Tab set up
1. Click Settings.
2. Click the Custom Tab tab. You can rename the Custom Tab , add sections and questions that will appear on the person profile.
3. Add a name to your custom tab (this is the label of the custom tab on the person's profile) and add a section by clicking on +Add Section.
4. Name the section, and then decide if you want the section to be expanded when you open the custom tab on a person’s profile or condensed. If you want it expanded on the profile, tick the checkbox Expanded.
5. Add the questions that you would like to display inside the section by clicking on + Add Question. These are questions that are found on specific forms that have been answered by the registrants.
6. Select the question by identifying the folder the specific form is found, identify the form that contains the question, and finally select the question you wish to display the answer for at a glance on the profile.
Click Apply once you have entered the appropriate fields.
Resizing the question:
1. Hover your mouse over the right-hand side border to change your cursor from the arrow pointer, to the image below. You can then click and drag the border to the left to decrease its width, or to the right to increase its width if it is not already at its maximum width.
Example: maximum width
Example: decreasing the width
2. You may want to have multiple questions displayed on your custom tab. Add another question the same as you did the first. You can modify the width of the questions to fit them how you would like. This could look something like the following.
3. When you have chosen the fields that you want to show on the tab and laid out how you want them to appear, click Save.
Custom Tab display on the person profile
A Custom Tab that has been set up will display on every person record in your SuperCRM. Any answers that have been completed on the specific form which the tab relates to will be populated for you to view at a glance. The Custom Tab will always display the most recent registration information.
1. Click into a person record. You will see the Custom Tab displayed beside the Financial tab.
2. Click into the tab to view the information that has been drawn through from the specific persons registration. If the person has completed multiple registrations to the same form, the fields displayed will be drawn from the most recently submitted answers.
Note: There may be some limitations on the fields that you can edit based depending on what has been set by your parent organisation.
3. If required, you can update the fields that have been brought through to the Custom Tab. Any changes made to this tab will also change the answers on the specific form that they relate to so please bear this in mind when changing answers.
Ensure that you click Submit before navigating away from the page if you have made any changes otherwise they will not be saved.
Please note: you can only update the information displayed if you have sufficient permissions, and the person has completed the form with the question already. If there has been no answer recorded, the field will be grey and you will be unable to edit it from this view. You will need to add a new registration from the Registrations tab to populate a value on the custom tab.