Players can be added to teams in a few different ways.
- Drag and drop players into a team.
If you have full club/school administrator access to TeamBuilder, you can easily drag and drop players from the participant databases on the left into a team on the right.
- Add multiple people to a team quickly.
If you have full club/school administrator access to TeamBuilder, you can sort or filter your database then add multiple people at once to a team.
- Invite players to register themselves directly to the team.
Participants can be sent a magic link to register directly into a team.
Players may be displayed visually different depending on certain factors. Please see here for further information.
1. Drag and drop players into a team
Once you have set up a team, you can simply drag & drop players into it.
Go into TeamBuilder from the Dashboard, and select the competition where the team is located.
The registrants are listed on the left, and the grades and teams are on the right.
Hover over a person and drag & drop them onto the top of a team icon. You can click on the Team to open it and see that the person has been added to the team.
You can move players from prior years into the current season by first changing the database/season displayed on screen by clicking the form name in the location shown below.
2. Add multiple people to the team
You can add multiple people to the team at once by ticking the checkboxes next to their names, then selecting Move X Players to Team.
You can use the tools in the blue bar at the top to help you filter, search or sort your database to make grouping people for team selection easier.
3. Add New Player
- Open your team in TeamBuilder
- Click +Add Team Member
- A registration form will be opened in a pop-up window
- Fill in and submit the registration form
- The new person will be added to the team
4. Invite players to register directly to the team
Team Managers can send a unique link to people for them to register directly to their team.
This link can be copied and sent to players via any communication method like Facebook, making it quick and easy for players to be added to the team. This removes the need for a team manager or administrator to collect personal details from players and ensures the correct details are entered.
The same person can be in multiple teams. [Note: some sports do not allow this. If you are unsure, please check with your competition organiser]. When adding a person to a team who is already in another team, a message will appear that asks if you would like to 'move' or 'add' the person to the additional team. You can then select their role for the additional or new team.
If a person is entered into multiple teams, they will appear the corresponding number of times in the People display on screen. The records have their appearance altered to clearly convey this.
Appearance variations of person records
- A person that is placed in multiple teams will appear the corresponding amount on the left-view People display with the original record displayed in standard font and any additional records displayed in italics underneath.
- A player will appear in red text on the left-view People display both in a team or not in a team if they require further action to their registration. For those in teams that are red, they will also display a red ! beside their name.
Red text means that this player requires further action.
If the player is in a team, click the red ! to display what action is required. This may be that the player has not been approved (for those sports that require approving of players), or that their registration is incomplete.