It's easy to display a live feed of football draws and results on your Sporty website. You can set this to display fixtures specific to your club or school.
Note: This support article relates to displaying live draws and results for Cricket. If you wish to display Rugby, Netball, Hockey, Softball, or Touch draws and results, please refer to this support article instead.
To get started, login, navigate to the page where you'd like your draws and results to display, and click +ADD CONTENT to open the widget menu. Then select the Draws & Results: NZ Cricket widget.
There are three tabs within widget modal that allow you to fully customise what is displayed.
The widget modal will open to the Filters Menu.
- Association - Select your Cricket Association
- Competition - All competitions will be displayed. Select the competition/s that you would like to show in your widget.
- Season - Select the season for the competition that you want to show in your widget.
- Grades- All grades are selected by default. Refine the search to select which grades you would like to display
- Clubs- All Clubs are selected by default. You can reduce the number of clubs available for the public to select from, or to restrict the results to only your organisation. Tick the Select all checkbox to deselect all organisations. Then simply find your club/school within the list and tick the checkbox to turn it on
- Teams - All teams are selected by default. You can reduce the number of teams available for the public to select from, or to restrict the results to only a specific team. Tick the Select all checkbox to deselect all teams. Then simply find your team within the list and tick the checkbox to turn it on.
The Draws Widget display is fully customisable. You can remove the filters from public display by checking the hide filter options next to each filter type. For example, if your widget displays a singular grade this does not need to be displayed for public selection.
The Display menu provides you with an option to customise how the returned fixture information should be displayed on your site.
Draws, Results, and Standings
You can choose to display draws, results, and standings in one widget, or alternatively to only display one or two of these items.
If you have selected a singular output, the draw will display with a full title bar rather than as tabs.
You can hide the Title Bar if you do not want this displayed. This would most likely be unchecked if you were displaying a singular tab (draws/results/standings) and you do not wish to give the public an option to filter or amend the displayed results. In the example below, the filters are also hidden.
Logos and Team Names
You can hide Logos or Team Names if you do not want these to be displayed. You can also decide what size the logos should be by selecting the Regular or Large option in the ‘Size’ section.
Time & Date and Venues
You can hide the fixture time and date if you do not want these to be displayed. This may be pertinent if your draw is only displaying results.
You can choose to set a default height for the widget to ensure that your page remains visually balanced when you display a draws widget. To do this, select the Custom option and specify the pixel height for the widget. When viewing your site users will be presented with an option to display 'more' or 'less' of the draw to display all fixtures.
The Style menu provides you with design elements that can be applied to your widget to change the look and feel of the returned fixture information on your site.
You can set the Title Bar colour which applies to the ‘Draws’, ‘Results’, and ‘Standings’ tabs. The filter options will inherit a ‘reversal’ of this colour, with the background colour being applied to the text instead.
By default, the widget automatically inherits your site wide font and font colour (see article on how to set site wide font and colour) with a fully transparent background. These can be changed to suit your design requirements.
The example below shows the Title Bar background colour in red, the Font as Arial and Text Colour white and the Background Colour as blue.
If the location of a fixture has been set in PlayHQ, the venue becomes clickable to show a Google map of the location.
To see the location for the example above, you would click Wellington Fields/Field 2.
Google map link to venue will be displayed.