This support article describes how to connect your site on the Sporty platform to Xero. This normally only ever needs to be done once. For more information on how Sporty works with Xero please click here.
Xero integration is currently free for all organisations. To get this integration enabled, the first step is for our Support team provisioned for your site with Sporty. To apply, please complete this application form if you're in New Zealand, or use this form if you're in Australia. You will be notified by email once your connection with Xero has been enabled, normally within 2-3 business days. Then follow the instructions below...
How to Connect Sporty to Xero
1. Once your connection between Sporty and Xero has been provisioned, login to Sporty by clicking the Admin Login link at the bottom right of the Sporty page for your organisation.
2. Go to your organisation dashboard by clicking Dashboard at the top left of the page, then click the tile Admin Settings.
3. Click on Connections
4. Click on the Accounting tab.
5. Click on the Connect to Xero button.
6. Enter your Xero login details and click on Log in.
5. To enable Sporty to create contacts for you in Xero or raise draft invoices for you in Xero, you need to give Sporty access to Xero. Note that for your privacy, Xero does not actually share any bank balances or financial information back to Sporty.
6. You will be redirected back to Sporty and other options will then be available for you to customise. If you have multiple organisations/companies linked to your Xero account, click on the Connected Xero Organisation field to select the correct one.
7. Next, you will need to set the Action To Take When Deleting Registrations. By default, it is set to
'Mark registration as inactive, and take no action in Xero'. For more information, please refer to this support article.
8. You will now need to specify the account that the payments have been processed into. This is for
invoices to be marked as paid in Xero when an online payment is made in Sporty. To do this, click on the field Account For Paid Transactions and select the account to credit the payments against.
9. Under Default Form Settings, tick and select from the options provided so any new forms created will automatically inherit these settings.
Note: You can still manually change the settings on the Edit Form Builder view if you want a form to have a different setup.
Optionally, tick the checkbox Automatically create invoices in Xero if you want a draft invoice to be raised in Xero whenever someone registers and selects their subscription amount or product. This will also add the individual as a Contact in Xero.
10. Select your default invoice status. By default, the invoice status in Xero is set to 'Draft' which means when a registration is submitted, a draft invoice is created in Xero for you to make your final changes. If you would like to bypass this step and set the invoice to display in 'Awaiting Payment' as soon as the registration is submitted, you can choose to set the invoice status to 'Authorised'.
11. Select the appropriate tax codes and tax types.
12. When you have added all the Xero Settings on Sporty, click on Save.
Adding an Account for Paid Transactions
To add an item to the drop list, log into Xero add a new bank account directly to Xero by clicking on Accounting then Bank accounts, or add/edit your Xero Chart of accounts (Xero>Accounting>Chart of Accounts).
Follow the prompts to add your bank account.
If an account that has already been added on Xero is not showing up on the list on Sporty, click on Accounting > Chart of accounts. Click on the account and ensure that on the Account Details that Enable payments to this account is ticked on.
There may be up to 2 hours delay for a new account to appear in Sporty.
Note: If you do not connect a Xero account for paid transactions in Sporty, the status of invoices in Xero will continue to be listed as Awaiting Payment even if the registration products have been paid for online as part of the Sporty registration process.