This support article describes how to connect your site on the Sporty platform to Xero. This normally only ever needs to be done once. For more information on how Sporty works with Xero please click here.
There is a once only set-up fee of $95 + GST to enable your Sporty website to connect with Xero. To apply, complete the application form at www.sporty.co.nz/viewform/50467 (New Zealand) or www.sporty.com.au/viewform/91 (Australia). You will be notified by email once your application has been approved and your connection with Xero has been enabled, normally within 2-3 business days.
How to Connect Sporty to Xero
1. Once your applications for Sport$pay and Xero have been approved, go to your organisation on the
Sporty platform and login by clicking the Admin Login link at the bottom right of the page.
2. Go to your organisation dashboard by clicking Dashboard at the top left of the page, then click the tile
3. Click the blue button Connect with Xero.
4. Xero will require you to login.
5. To enable Sporty to create contacts for you in Xero or raise draft invoices for you in Xero, you need to
give Sporty access to Xero. Note that for your privacy, Xero does not actually share any bank balances or
financial information back to Sporty.
6. You will be redirected back to Sporty and be presented with the Xero Settings window. If you have
multiple organisations/companies linked to your Xero account, click on the Connected Xero Organisation field to select the correct one.
7. You will now need to specify the account that the payments have been processed into. This is for
invoices to be marked as paid in Xero when an online payment is made in Sporty. To do this, click on the field Account For Paid Transactions and select the account to credit the payments against.
The dropdown list will display any accounts or bank accounts that normally appear in Xero when you
manually mark an invoice as paid. For more instructions on how to add more accounts to this list, click here.
8. Next, you will need to set the Action To Take When Deleting Registrations. By default, it is set to
Mark registration as inactive, and take no action in Xero. For more information, please refer to this support article.
9. When you have added all the Xero Settings on Sporty, click on Save.
Adding an Account for Paid Transactions
To add an item to the drop list, log into Xero add a new bank account directly to Xero by clicking on Accounting then Bank accounts, or add/edit your Xero Chart of accounts (Xero>Accounting>Chart of Accounts).
Follow the prompts to add your bank account.
If an account that has already been added on Xero is not showing up on the list on Sporty, click on Accounting > Chart of accounts. Click on the account and ensure that on the Account Details that Enable payments to this account is ticked on.
There may be up to 2 hours delay for a new account to appear in Sporty.
Note: If you do not connect a Xero account for paid transactions in Sporty, the status of invoices in Xero will continue to be listed as Awaiting Payment even if the registration products have been paid for online as part of the Sporty registration process.