Complete the MSNZ Officials Licence form to obtain an Officials Digital Licence. Use this form to apply for Official roles (i.e. Clerk of the Course) and Volunteer Officials roles (i.e. Flag Marshal).
Completing the Form
The majority of the fields required for your licence application will be pre-filled from your profile details.
Complete all other fields, check the terms and conditions, then click Submit. MSNZ will review your licence application. Once approved you will receive a confirmation email and access will be enabled for you to view your licence in the MotorSport New Zealand app.
More Information on the Licencing Process
New and Renew
- You can apply for a new licence at any time.
- You can renew a licence if the previous licence is not older than 24 months. Renewing a licence will copy all fields from the original licence and lock the position field.
Each Official position you are applying for will need to be applied for separately, but multiple Volunteer Official positions can be applied for on the same application. All positions will then display on the single digital licence.
From your profile you may only apply for the below positions:
- Competitions Relationship Officer
- Clerk of the Course Bronze
- CoD Auditor
Any other roles are appointed by MSNZ. Please email MSNZ for details on being appointed to other Officials positions.
Set the position to Volunteer Official to get a list of volunteer positions. Multiple volunteer official positions can be applied for at the same time.
Some licence grades require a licence exam. The exam may need to be completed before the licence can be approved.
- Pending - Application lodged and waiting for MSNZ.
- Approved - MSNZ has reviewed the licence and all conditions are satisfied.
- Declined – MSNZ has reviewed and declined the application.
- Disabled – A licence can be disabled if it is historic or if MSNZ have decided to revoke your licence.
The expiry date will be set to the last day of the approved month + 12 months. On renewal of an Officials licence, this will add 12 months to the end of the current expiry date.
For Stewards, the expiry date will be set to 30 June of that year.
After completing the form, MSNZ will review the application and assign any roles that are required for access into the app. Volunteer Officials will not be given officials access to the MotorSport New Zealand app. All other Officials positions will be granted access. See this article for more information.