Creating an Event
Click the Event Management system button.
Click Add Event.
This will open a blank Event Permit Application. Upon completion of the Event Permit Application, an event will be created in the calendar and an event folder is created in the event management system.
The Permit Application will have all information required for a Permit Issuing Steward (PIS) to approve an event. This information will also be used to create an event entry form and populate the events calendar.
Name, email address and role of the event organiser.
- Event Type – the type of event, used to filter the calendar e.g. ClubSport Advanced
- Event Group – used to determine the Permit Issuing Authority i.e. a PIS or MSNZ office. This list is filtered based on the event type field and will need to be populated before selecting an event group.
- Foreign Participation – if foreign drivers are allowed to participate in the event.
- Event Name – try to give the event a unique name to identify it for searching i.e. HB Rally 2022.
- Event Description – this detail will display in the calendar article and registration form.
- Club – (read only) the club that will be hosting the event. This is automatically populated.
- Permanent Circuit – Select if the event is held at a permanent circuit. Select this will prefill the address field for that circuit.
- Region – select the region where the event will be held.
- Street Address – location address of the event.
- Event Website – if a website has been created for this event.
- Event Logo – this will display on the event calendar article.
- Event Entry Open Date – the date event registrations will be open. Before this date applicants can only register their interest.
- Event Entry Close Date – the date event registrations will be closed.
- Event Start Date – the first day of the event, this will be the date plotted on the calendar.
- Event Start Time - the time the event will start.
- Event End Date – the final day of the event, this final date will be plotted on the calendar. If only a 1-day event then set this the same as the start date.
- Event End Time - the time the event will end.
- Late Entry Date - any registrations after this date will be charged the applicable late fee.
Start and end dates and times of the documentation or scrutineering periods. Up to 4 separate periods can be added.
Note: all date fields are unable to be entered before todays date and end date cannot be before the start date. An error message will appear if attempting to submit an incorrect date.
- Are Transponders required at this event? - answering yes will add a transponder field to the event registration form.
- Are Transponders available for hire? - answering yes will add a rent transponder field and product to the event registration form.
- Is RallySafe required for this event - answering yes will automatically charge the rallysafe rental fee.
- Transponder or RallySafe Rental Fee - enter the amount of the fee for either rallysafe or transponder rental.
Upload PDF supporting documents required for the event. A link to the supplementary regulations will copy to the event entry form other links will need to be manually uploaded.
- Supplementary Regulations Part One and Two
- Safety Plan
- Event Maps
- Other Documentation 1,2,3
- Class Name - name of this class this will be used to populate a list in the event registration form.
- Fees - the fee that will be applied for this class.
- Late Fees - the late fee that will be applied for this class.
- Maximum Registrants - maximum amount of primary drivers that can be registered to this event.
Add additional classes by clicking the add class button.
- Secretary - free text field.
- Clerk of the Course - drop down list of all current and active officials.
- Chief Scrutineer - drop down list of all current and active officials.
- CRO - drop down list of all current and active officials.
- Steward (Chair) - appointed by the PIS.
- Additional Steward 1 and 2 - appointed by the PIS.
Officials that are selected from the dropdown list will automatically be emailed the permit details when the supplementary regulations are approved.
Up to 25 additional officials can be appointed by the event official by selecting their role and entering their name.
Note: an official with multiple positions will display multiple times, ensure you select the relevant official record for the role.
Additional Permit Information
Free text field for any other information.
- Notify Permit Issuing Steward – check on and submit to send an email to the assigned PIS. This can be checked on at any time and should be checked when submitting for approval.
- Was the Event Cancelled – setting to Yes will hide the event from the calendar and prompt for a reason.
- Publish Event Registration to the Calendar - setting to Yes will display the Enter and Volunteer buttons on the calendar once the supplementary regulations are approved.
Once the safety regulations have been approved access to edit some fields will be blocked for the event organiser. These can still be edited from MSNZ level.