The Organisations List area displays a list of the clubs and schools affiliated to your organisation. Go to the Organisation Settings area and click the Organisations List tab.
Abbreviations of organisation names
Many clubs/schools have their full legal name set as their organisation name in Sporty. This can be lengthy and may not be ideal for display within a published draw. Therefore, you have the option to set an abbreviated name for each organisation. For example, Hamilton Boys High School might be abbreviated to HBHS. Simply type the abbreviation desired in the text box.
Setting Home Venues for Organisations
If the competition involves organisations hosting games at their home grounds, a selection of home/away should be made in the grade defaults area. To set the preferred locations and venues for an organisation, click the Add link beside the organisation name in the organisations list area.
1. You have the option to set a preferred location and venues across all grades. You can also customise individual grade preferences. The default selection is to apply the organisations preferred venues across all grades.
2. Check the preferred location and venues for the selected organisation on the left-hand menu, and these selections will appear on the right.
3. You can reorder the Preferred Venues selected by using the drag & drop arrows to the right of each Venue.
4. Click Save.
Setting Home Venues for specific grades
You may have venue preferences for that you wish to apply to specific grades. For example, junior grades may not play on a particular venue that is reserved for senior grades.
1. Select the grade you wish to modify from the dropdown menu. Note the default settings (your Organisation Settings area) display on the right.
2. To overwrite these settings for the whole grade, simply check the preferred location and venues on the right and reorder as required.
3. Click Save.
Note: If grade or team specific settings have been saved for an organisation, a warning message will display when making changes to preferred locations with the All Grades dropdown selected.
You may have venue preferences that you wish to apply just to specific teams within a grade. For example, teams within the same grade and from the same organisation may prefer different venues based on the geographic locations of players, such as a Marist South team and a Marist North team. You can set venue preferences for individual teams in the Comp Builder area. See: Managing Teams - Setting Home Venues for specific teams (Home/Away Draws only).