The Sporty website content management system lets you display and play videos from Facebook on your website.
To embed a video:
- Go to the video on Facebook that you want to embed.
- Click in the top right of the post and select Embed from the menu.
- Copy the embed code that is displayed by Facebook.
The embed code will look similar to this:
To display the video in your website, you only need the address (URL) of the video, not the entire embed code. To obtain just the URL, paste the embed code somewhere temporary, such as into Notepad or a Word document or a draft email. Then use that version to copy just the URL which will be similar to as highlighted here:
Copying just the address as highlighted above, gives you the URL, similar to this:
You can now paste the URL into the Embed widget in your website:
Login to your website and go to the page that you want to display the video from Facebook.
1. Click 'Add Content'
2. Select the Embed (iFrame) widget
3. Paste the URL that you copied from the Facebook embed code into the input box in the widget.
4. Click 'Save' and the video should display on your website.