Some organisations use MYOB as their preferred online accounting software, and as Sporty is now an approved partner application for MYOB, Sporty users can now integrate their MYOB software with their Sporty account.
MYOB and Sporty can work together with Sport$pay if enabled. However, this is not required for the integration between MYOB and Sporty. If you do want to activate Sport$pay, please see the below section.
This article includes:
Enabling MYOB with Sporty means:
- Open & Closed invoices can be raised in MYOB whenever someone registers or renews with you.
- If a person pays for a product as part of their registration process, the invoice can be automatically raised as a paid invoice in MYOB.
- If an invoice is marked as paid (closed) in MYOB, the amount payable will update to also show as paid in Sporty. This keeps an updated balance sheet in Sporty.
- People can access their MYOB account to view their MYOB account summary with your organisation.
- If a person’s registration is modified to decrease the total amount payable, and the associated invoice is approved or paid, Sporty will generate a MYOB credit note for the MYOB contact which can be used for payment on a future registration.
- If a person’s registration is modified to increase the total amount payable, and the associated invoice is approved or paid, Sporty will generate an additional invoice associated to the transaction/registration reference for the additional amount owing.
Requesting Sport$pay Activation
Sport$pay is the online payment solution from Sporty. It allows people to pay you online by credit card and by online direct debit (i.e., the payment transfers from their bank account to yours, with no credit card needed).
Sport$pay is a fully PCI-Compliant payment method that is used and trusted by thousands of organisations across Australia and New Zealand.
When people register through your website or renew their membership, they can pay online and the transaction is automatically recorded in your online member database with Sporty.
Sports organisations and schools use Sport$pay to avoid paper forms and cash/cheque handling. Treasurers no longer need to spend hours reconciling payments from a bank statement. Each transaction is automatically recorded against the person’s record in your online member database within Sporty.
For any of your registration forms, you can decide whether to accept online payments. However, you need to firstly complete an application for Sport$pay. This is a one-time process that can be completed at either of the following:
- www.SportSpay.co.nz/sportpay-application-form (New Zealand)
- www.sporty.com.au/home/Sportpay/Application-Form (Australia)
You will be notified by email once your application has been approved and Sport$pay has been activated for your organisation. This is normally within 2-3 business days.