A standard MotorSport Club Membership Form is available for all clubs and can be used by the club to manage their own memberships, or as a declaration form to prove that the driver is a member of the club. If the club has their own questions that they want to ask their members, they can customise the form to include these and as all drivers must prove that they have a valid club membership, registering via the MotorSport Club Membership Form will streamline this process.
Every membership needs to be approved before a driver can race.
In this article:
- MotorSport Application Form
- Customising the Application Form
- Membership Processing
MotorSport Club Membership Form
This form will be available to your club if you have a Sporty site set up. If you do not have a Sporty site, or do not see the MotorSport Club Membership Form appearing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find your form, follow the below steps:
1. Once logged in, go to your Sporty Dashboard, then click the Online Registrations tile.
2. In Online Registrations, open the correct season folder and see a Motorsport folder nested within.
Click the Motorsport folder.
3. You can either click into the MotorSport Club Membership form to view the database, or to copy a link to the form so that members can complete the application form.
4. To copy the link, click the chain/copy icon. Then click Copy Link to copy the link to your clipboard so that you can now share/paste it wherever you need it to be for members to register.
Customising the MotorSport Club Membership Form
The standard MotorSport Club Membership Form can be edited to add additional questions and membership fees.
To edit the form, click the Edit Pencil icon.
To learn more about how to edit a form, please see these support articles:
All competitor digital licences will have a red traffic light condition blocking them from racing until the membership has been processed/approved.
You will need to review, approve and set an expiry date on all applications.
Note: a red light condition can be bypassed by an event official, however processing/approving the membership will automatically allow the driver to race.
How to review and approve a membership
To do this, you need to be in your SuperCRM.
We recommend that you create and save a filter that returns only those results that have pending memberships to save yourself time anytime you go into the SuperCRM to approve a membership.
To create and save a filter, follow the below steps:
1. Go to your Sporty Dashboard and click the SuperCRM tile.
Note: you only have access to drivers that have registered directly with your club.
If you have already created a filter, please go to step 6.
2. Click Filters.
3. To set the correct filter fields click the drop down on each field:
- Season: the year that the registration form relates to
- Organisation: the specific organisation the form relates too (your club)
- Form Selection - Folder: the sport that has the registration form
- Form Selection - Organisation Form: the registration form "MotorSport Club Membership"
Then, scroll down.
4. Near the bottom you will find the + Advanced Filter option. Click this and set the Question and Answer fields to the following:
- Question: Application Status
- Answer: [Blank]
This will return all memberships that have not had any action taken towards their application status.
5. Tick the checkbox for Save Filter, then rename your filter so that it is easy to identify the next time you come into your SuperCRM. Then click Save.
6. Locate and open the specific record you need to review from the filtered results.
Note: if you have already created and saved a filter, click the Filter icon and apply the filter to your display to return the filtered results.
Go to the Registrations tab and identify the registration you need to approve. Click the magnifying glass/view icon to open the registration form.
7. Scroll down the registration form until you reach Membership Details.
To approve the driver, ensure that you fill in the three highlighted fields below:
- Membership Number
- Membership Expiry
- Application Status
8. Click Submit to save the form.
Using the filter settings as shown above, you can approve multiple applications in bulk.
Once you have set the filter you, may want to review the results displayed before proceeding with the bulk application approval. You can deselect any person that has been returned in the filtered results if you do not want to approve their application at that stage.
1. Set the filter as shown above.
2. Click Modify on the top right hand side of the display view.
3. Click Bulk Edit from the Bulk Modify prompt.
3. In the Bulk Edit dialogue box, click each field and select the displayed answers.
Question: Application Status
Update to: Approved
Then click Apply to make the bulk modification.
Note: Be careful when using the Bulk Modify tool as it will modify all selected records. If you have made an error, you will need to manually go into each individual record and correct the mistake.