Triggers allow for products and discounts to be automatically selected when a person answers a specific question on a form. Triggers are set up against a product or discount, and once set up, triggers do not allow for product or discount to be removed from the cart upon submission.
Note: this is a premium feature and will only be available if your organisation has this unlocked. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
This article includes the following:
Enabling a trigger
1. Once you have added a product to your form, you will see Trigger appear under the Automate heading.
Note: If you do not have Triggers unlocked, you will see the below popup on your screen.
2. A popup will be displayed that allows you to set the specific conditions for your trigger.
- If: Select the question from your form that you want the trigger to be associated to.
- is answered with: Select the answer that you want the trigger to respond to. When this answer is selected, the trigger will automatically change the product value. (This field is optional - see Value not specified below for more information).
- then increase item quantity by: The product quantity is increased based on the value set in this field.
For example, if you want the product to increase by 1 when your selected question is answered, you will enter 1.
We want to set a trigger on the question field Heats.
1. If a person selects the heat option Pro, we want the Senior membership product (amount) for that grade to be automatically selected.
2. Click Save Trigger. You will now view the trigger set, Click +New Trigger to continue to add triggers for other products. From here you can remove/modify existing checks by selecting the trash can or edit pencil icon next to your triggers.
You can add more than one trigger to the same product
Using the below example, registrants who have selected the Heat of Gromets, Novice, or Intermediate will be required to pay for the product item linked to the trigger.
Value not specified
If you do not need a specific answer to a question to trigger the automated purchase, leave the is answered with field should be left blank. The product will automatically be added if the question is answered.
On a form there is a question 'Member ID number' that is a SingleLine Text field.
The requirement is for the trigger to be invoked and a product added if a member ID number is entered into this field. When you click to set the trigger the is answered with option is set to value.
This shows that if the question is answered add the product.
Adding an expiration date to a trigger
Sometimes, you may want your automated discounts to only be active for a limited time. To do so, you can apply an expiration date to individual automations by ticking Add Expiry Date and entering the date you wish for the automation to end. This ensure anyone registering to your form after your specified date will no longer automatically have products added to their cart. Please note that each individual trigger can have it's own expiration date.
For example, the below image displays a limited-time discount code "EarlyBird" that is only valid until the 31st of January 2023. After the 31st of January, the discount will be discontinued as the promotion has come to an end.
For a full example of using product automation to apply discounts to your products, please refer to our Discounts article.