A location is a physical address on a map where one or more venues are located. For example, the address of some netball courts is a ‘Location’ whereas each individual netball court is a venue. Similarly, the address of a park with playing fields is a location while each field is a venue. Locations and venues tend not to change very often, and you may only need to do this once. Use the following steps to set up your locations and venues.
Adding a new Location & Venue
1. Click + Add Locations & Venues.
2. Enter a name for a location (E.g., Hagley Park).
3. Create an abbreviation for the location. This is used in the publication of your draw when there is a shortage of space, such as on a mobile phone screen (e.g., HAG).
4. Enter the physical address of the location in the map view.
5. Click Save.
6. Click the settings cog to add venues to this location.
7. Click +Add Venue.
8. Enter a name for the venue (E.g., Court 1 or Field 8).
9. Create an abbreviation for the venue. This is used in the publication of your draw when there is a shortage of space, such as on a mobile phone screen (E.g., CT1 or FLD1).
10. Enter the size of the venue. The default size is full, but if you have a non-full-size venue that can be used to host non-full-sized fixtures, this is where you can specify the size.
11. Click Save.
Modifying an existing Location or Venue
Click the settings cog beside any location or venue to modify its settings.
Deleting a Location or Venue
Click the trashcan icon beside any location or venue to delete it. If a venue is in use in a current competition, fixtures will become unallocated if the location or venues is deleted. Note that locations and venues should not be deleted if they are required for use in future competitions as a deleted location/venue cannot be re-created using the same name. Instead, it should be excluded from the grade default settings.
Changing the order of Locations or Venues
To change the order of locations in the Venue view and in an export of the draw when sorted by venue use the drag handle that appears next to each location and venue to drag & drop it into a different position.