Buttons are a great way to link to other websites, pages on your own website, online forms, or documents. They are also mobile responsive so display well on smaller devices. You can control the default settings for the way your buttons appear as described here.
To get started, go to a page on your website and click +ADD CONTENT.
Select the Button widget from the widget menu.
Now you have two options:
- Display a Standard Button
- Display an Image Button
Displaying a Standard Button
In the Button Settings, you have the ability to change the text, colour, transparency, font, width, and height. You can also choose whether you want your button to have Square Corners or Rounded Corners and whether you want to apply a drop shadow.
There are a number of options to link the button to:
- Website URL - Select this option, then copy & paste the desired URL into the 'Insert a web address' field
- Page - Select one of the website pages
- Document - Link directly to a document uploaded into the Documents & Audio area
- Online Form - Choose an online form
- Email Address - Enter an email address
- Telephone Number - Enter a telephone number
Click Save and your button will now display in the format you have set.
Alternatively, you can display an image as a button. Click Add Image to select your image, then select what you wish to link the button linked to.
There is the ability to set a different image which will appear when the user hovers their cursor over your button.
Note: The hover-state image is required to be the same pixel size as the button image. A message indicating this, as well as the button image size details, will be displayed if you try to add a hover-state image of a different size.
Using the above example would produce an Image Button as shown below. Then when the viewer hovers their mouse over the image it changes to the selected hover-state image.