Display within a widget on a website using the Sporty platform
The easiest way to display draws, results and standings tables is by using the SKED™ widget on a website that uses the Sporty platform. To do this, login to Sporty and go to update your website. Decide where you would like the draws/results/standings to be displayed and click + Add Content. The content can be either displayed as a Draws & Results widget or a Draws & Results Ribbon widget.
Draws & Results Widget
Draws & Results Ribbon Widget
Setting up the Draws & Results Widget
Set the Competition widget settings according to information you would like to display in this position on your site. Use the dropdown arrows to filter out different organisations or grades, and the check boxes to hide these options from selection for the public view.
Note: The widget owner organisation must remain ticked on for fixtures to appear in the widget.
When new grades are added to a competition after it has been published with a Draws & Results widget, they will need to be ticked on in the widget settings to be visible for public viewing.
If you are including multiple competitions to be displayed in a singular widget, select Set Sort Order to organise the order that competitions appear in the dropdown competition picker on the widget. The competition at the top of the sort order will display by default when the page loads.
Use the Display tab to format the output of the draw to meet your display requirements. To display fixtures in time order, select Group By Time.
Use the Style tab to set colours to align with your site requirements.
Experience for your website visitors
By default, when a website visitor lands on the page, the widget will load the draw with the date set to display fixtures for the next upcoming published fixture date + 6 days, and submitted results from the last published fixture date that has a result entered back 6days.
Venues will appear with a hyperlink, allowing your website visitors to click them to open a Google Maps view of the location of the fixture.
Fixtures with a status of defaulted, cancelled or postponed will display this status instead of a venue.
Standings will be presented for each grade as tabs for each phase it has participated in and by default will open to the phase that is currently in progress based on fixture dates with the ability to navigate between tabs to see prior phases standings tables.
Organisations can modify the logo displayed by accessing their own Sporty site, and then navigating to the Admin Settings area.
Actions that a website visitor can take
1. The user can change the date range to filter the fixtures by whatever date they wish.
2. Any field that appears with an ▼ can be filtered by your website visitors. For example, they can choose to only view fixtures for their organisation or their grade.
3. If a user filters by their preferred competition, organisation or grade, next time they visit the draws widget, this selection will be retained.
4. The user can click Results to review results for previously played games. By default, the widget will load the results for fixtures played in the last week, but the user can modify these dates to a different period if they wish.
5. The user can click Standings to see their standings table(s)/ladder(s). Each grade will be presented with a tab for all phases the grade has been part of.
6. The user can choose to export the draws, results, or standings tables by clicking Export. The export will capture any filter selections applied onscreen. Draws can be exported by choosing Grade/Time or Venue/Time
7. Match officials may wish to export the draw in a format that is sorted by the officials name, to make it easier to review their assigned games. These users should click Export from the draws tab, then click Officials.
Setting up the Draws & Results Ribbon Widget
A Draws & Results Ribbon is for showcasing certain grades in your competitions. Ideally you would limit the number of grades appearing in the ribbon to no more than 5.
Choose the position on you website to display the Draws & Results Ribbon. We recommend at the top of a page in the Header Section using Full Screen Width.
Using the Edit Header settings cog select Full screen width
Click Add Header Content and choose Draws & Results Ribbon widget
Select the Sport, Season and Competition you require
Note: Grades need to be added one at a time and can be re-ordered with the drag handles as required
In the Display tab select the content to be displayed in the ribbon
In the Style tab choose site colours to style the ribbon as required
Viewers can use the arrow keys to see other grades displayed on the widget as well as to past or future fixtures