The Sporty.co.nz platform makes it easy for you to create web input forms. For general instructions on how to create an online form, click here.
You can use the form builder to add products/services and pricing to your online registration forms, so that people can select products/services when they complete your form. This automatically sets the amount payable for each person in your online database view. This works regardless of whether or not you have enabled online payments via credit card for your form.
How to add your products/services to an online form
1. Go to the form builder view.
To do this, login and go to your Sporty dashboard, then into the Online Registrations tile where you can either add a new form or edit an existing form. This displays the form builder view of your form, where you can add and manage the question fields that appear to people on your form. At the bottom of the form is the section called Products where you can add your products/services and pricing.
2. Enter a Description and a Price for your product/service.
By default, the Max Quantity will be 99 but you can edit and change this - typically this would be 1. Then click the +Add button to add the product to your form.
3. Edit and add more details to product/service
Once you have added a product/service, you can edit it by clicking the pencil button on the right, or delete it by clicking the rubbish bin button, or move it by using the drag-handles button to drag & drop the product/service into a different position relative to any other products/services you have added.
If you have connected with Xero, you can also set the Xero account code and tax rate that will be used when a draft invoice is automatically raised in Xero for you. For information on integration with Xero, please see this support article.
You can decide whether to set products/services on your form to be Required. This means that people must select a product/service before they can submit the form. This is done by clicking on the pencil icon beside the product/service, tick the checkbox in the Required column that corresponds to the item, and click on Done.
If you require people to select at least one product/service from a group of options, you can set it to be part of a Group. For example, you could set Junior Subs and Senior Subs to be part of a group, meaning that people must select one of these options before they can submit the form. Click on the hyperlinked word Group.
A pop up will then display for you to tick on the products/services you would like to group together. Once done, click on Save.
Note: Making a product Required or Grouped doesn't mean that payment is mandatory it means that product amount will show as owing. To set this up (e.g. no pay-no play policy), please refer to this support article.
In some cases, you may want to hide items that were once up for purchase like for example, an early bird/discounted item or if these items have sold out.
Allow Online Payments
If you have online payments enabled via www.sportspay.co.nz to let people pay by credit card or automated direct debit, you can untick the checkbox in the column Allow Pay Online to make the product/service unavailable for online payments. Although it is unusual to do this, it can be useful in cases where there is a product/service with an extremely high value that you wish to let people pay offline to avoid incurring the transaction fees charged by Visa and MasterCard.
Don't forget to click on Save Form.
How to check your form
1. You can test your form by going to its address (URL) to see the public view of your form. The form URL/address can be found by clicking on the link icon. Here you can click on Copy Link and paste it into the address bar of a new browser window.
2. Complete the form as a test user, including selecting a product/service, then click on Submit.
2. If you have enabled online payments for your form, the next step will show a payment cart view where you/the registrant can select the payment method they prefer. If users do not wish to make a payment at this time they can click Pay Later. People will be able to return to their cart at a later date and make an online payment via credit card or direct debit. This third option is only provided if payment is not set as mandatory on the form.
3. Once you have submitted your test registration, it will be displayed in the database view (Online Registrations > click on the name of the form). The amount Payable will relate to the price for whatever products/services you selected when you completed the form. The amount Paid will show any amount paid either online when the form was submitted, or subsequently if a payment was recorded against the registration later (as below).
In addition to this, the email address registered will also receive a confirmation email that details all the products selected on the form regardless if they have been paid or not.
If someone completing the form does not pay at the time of registration, they can click the link at the bottom of the confirmation email Click here to pay online This will open up the form payments area for them to complete the payment.
4. If you click on the $ dollar sign button to the right of a record, it will expand the view to show the amounts, date and method of payment, and also allow you to manually Add Payment for instances where the person has paid you separately by cash, cheque or internet banking.
For more information regarding online registrations, please see this support article.