Organisations that have upgraded to a Bronze, Silver, or Gold VIP site automatically have Sporty's Google advertising removed from their page. Some organisations choose to monetize their page by hosting their own Google Ad's through Google Adsense.
Sporty now supports the upload of an ads.txt file which Google requires you to place on your site to indicate that you have authority to sell advertising on your domain. Creating your own ads.txt file gives you more control over who's allowed to sell ads on your site and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers.
To host an ads.txt file on your Sporty site:
- Create a text (.txt) file.
- Include the following line:
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0Important: Make sure you replace
pub-0000000000000000with your own publisher ID.
- Login to your Sporty site
- Select Site Settings
- Select SEO & Analytics
- Scroll to the bottom of the modal and click Upload a new ad file
- Select the ads.txt file you created in Step 2 and click Open
- The file name will now be displayed. Click Save
- After 4 hours, check your ads.txt file is displaying correctly by typing your domain URL into your browser, followed by ads.txt suffix (eg https://sporty.co.nz/ads.txt)
For further information on Google Adsense, please view their support and marketing materials.
For further information on using this feature, please contact email@example.com