TeamBuilder teams are not only for those playing the sport, but also for those non-playing people involved with the sport, such as coaches, managers, and volunteers. Both players and non-players can be moved into a team (or multiple teams) using TeamBuilder.
Once you have added a person to a team, you can then update their permissions to allow them to perform administrative functions for that specific team, such as seeing player contact details, sending group communication, submitting team sheets, and to score using the Sporty Game Day App, MyRugby Game Day App, MyNetball GameDay App or a Sporty custom Game Day App.
- This provides the person access to Sporty to view their team contact details and access to the mobile app to select a game day team and score a game
- This provides the person access to the mobile app to select a game day team and score a game.
- Scorers can also be provided with access by inputting the scorer code for the team in the Game Day App.
Assigning Team Permissions
1. Click to open the team.
2. Beside the person's name, click the blue + under the Access column.
This will open the Access screen for the person. If the person already has permissions for the team, a blue tick will appear next to the permission they hold, and their Login details will be displayed:
- Username: The username entered when logging in.
- User Email: The email address that is associated with the username. This is the email where the access emails and forgotten password emails are sent.
- Last Login: The date this person last logged into Sporty or the mobile app.
- Access email sent: The date this person was sent the access email
3. Select the permissions you want to enable for the person by putting a blue tick in the checkbox. Then click Give Access to apply the changes.
This will send the person using the app an email with their login details.
- If the person's email is not associated with an existing Sporty account, the email will request they set their password for their username. The person will appear in the team with the permission next to their name instantly.
- If the person's email is already associated with an existing Sporty account, the email will request they login using their existing username and password. The person will appear in the team with the permission next to their name instantly.
- If the person's email is already associated with more than one existing Sporty account, the email will request they login using their preferred existing username and password. The person will appear in the team with the permission displayed as 'Pending'.
5. Click the x or anywhere outside the box to close the Access pop-up, and return to the team view.
Modifying User Account Details for Team Permissions
On occasion, a persons username and email may be incorrect or needs to be updated.
I haven't sent the person permissions yet:
Simply update the email address on their registration record by clicking the pencil icon, update their email address, then click the save icon.
When you assign their permissions for the team, they will be sent to the updated email address.
I have already sent the person their access email/checked on their permissions:
You can update the username and the user email. Click on the pencil icon to make this change to each field, then click the save icon.
Updating the user email does not update the email address specified on the person's registration form.
If you update the person's username to a username that is already in use, you will be presented with the below error message.
Restrictions on modifying user accounts for team permissions
If the person's username does not display with an edit pencil, you are unable to edit their username or user email address. This indicates the user has extended user access, and will be using their username for other purposes in Sporty in addition to team administration and scoring.
The user can contact email@example.com if they require assistance with access.
If the person's username does not display, and the permissions are still "pending" but the person cannot access the email account that the access email was originally sent to, this account has a pending claim that needs to be cancelled.
To resolve this, the Club or School Administrator (not the Team Admin) should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the original email address that the person registered with, and the new desired email address for that person's user account.