How to send a PDF document in an eNewsletter
To email a PDF in an eNewsletter, you first upload your document into the Document and Media Manger, and then link that document in the eNewsletter.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Documents and Media.
- It's a good idea to create a separate folder for your newsletters. If you don't already have a designated folder for them, click + Create Folder, name it Newsletters, and click the save icon. (See How to create document folders)
- Upload your document by dragging-and-dropping it into the window, or by clicking Add File. (See How to upload a document)
- Open your document by clicking on it.
- Copy the URL of the document by highlighting the URL, right-click, click Copy (or press Ctrl-C on Windows or Cmd-C on Mac).
- Go back to the Document Manger (you can close the open document's tab), and click Close.
- Now we will create an eNewsletter. Click on Dashboard, then on News & eNewsletters.
- Click Create eNewsletter.
- Enter some recipients to the eNewsletter (so that it will become previewable - See How to create an eNewsletter).
- Adjust the rest of your eNewsletter settings.
- The Intro Text textbox has formatting options including the ability to link text. We will use this functionality to link to our PDF document.
- Enter some text, such as "View Newsletter" - you may want to add some text for context, such as "Click the link below to view the newsletter". You may want to add some formatting to it so that it stands out a bit more.
- Next, highlight the text you want to link, and click the Link icon in the formatting options (see video).
- In the URL field, paste the link by right-clicking and clicking Paste (or Ctrl-V on Windows or Cmd-V on Mac).
- It's good practice to open documents in a new window, so go to the Target tab, and select New Window (_blank) from the drop-down list. This makes sure that the link will open in a new tab or window when it is clicked.
- Click OK.
- Click Preview.
- This is what your eNewsletter will look like. You can test the link to make sure that your document opens.
- If you are ready to send your eNewsletter, click Send, otherwise click Back to go back.