Note: also see About TeamBuilder
Sporty supports a few different methods for players to be added to a team. Some methods may not be available to you, depending upon how your system has been configured.
- Drag and drop players into team. If you have full club/school administrator access to Teambuilder, you can easily drag and drop players from the list on the left into a team on the right in TeamBuilder.
- Manually add players to your team. If your competition organiser has enabled this feature, you can add people to your team by clicking the +Add New button in your team view.
- If the 'team' field exists on the player registration form, setting this value will assign the player to the team.
- Invite players to register themselves directly to the team.
1. Drag & drop
Once you have set up a team, you can simply drag & drop players into it.
Go into TeamBuilder from the Dashboard, and select the competition where the Team is located.
The registrants are listed on the left, and the Grades and Teams are on the right.
Hover over a person and drag & drop them onto the top of a Team icon. You can click on the Team to open it and see that the person has been added to the Team.
2. Add New Player
- Open your team in Teambuilder
- Click +Add New Player
- Type the person's First Name, Last Name and email address
- Click Save
If there are required fields on the registration form that have not been submitted when you added the new player, an ! mark will appear next to their name on your team list. To resolve this, you can request the player completes their full registration form by sending them an email.
3. Set team value on registration form
If the team value is displayed on the registration form, you can set this value on a player registration and they will then appear in the team in Teambuilder.
- Click Online Registrations from the dashboard
- Select the folder and form to open the registration database
- Click the person's name to open their registration record
- Set the Team
- Submit the form to save it
4. Invite players to register themselves
For instructions on how to obtain a 'magic link' that you can share with players that allows them to register themselves to a team, please see this support article.