Update: From 1st July 2023 Google is replacing Universal Analytics (UA codes) with Google Analytics 4 (GA4) codes. See this Google support article.
You will be required to move to a GA4 code to continue to track analytics on your site. See this Google support article for steps on how to do this.
You are able to set up Google Analytics for your Sporty website to be able to view site traffic.
- Go to Google Analytics
- Click Sign In (top right), and select Google Analytics. You will need to have a Google Account to set up Google Analytics (Create a Google Account)
- Follow the instructions outlined in this support article to set up your Google Analytics
- In Google Analytics, click Admin from the menu at the top of the page
- Previously you would add your tracking ID number which would start with UA-XXXXXXX-X. Google Analytics has introduced a new measurement tool called Google Analytics 4 (GA4). This will replace the Universal Analytics UA code. See this support article to understand the difference between Google Analytics 4 and Universal Analytics. To set up your GA4 code, under the middle column Property Sections click GA4 Setup Assistant. Follow the steps to create your GA4 code.
- Copy this code (highlight it and right-click > Copy)
- Log in to your Sporty website, go to Site Settings > under the heading Browser Settings click SEO & Analysis
- Add the GA4 measurement ID G-XXXXXXXX
Paste the codes in the Google Tracking code text field and click Save.
For additional help, please see https://help.format.com/en/articles/4655196-adding-google-analytics-using-measurement-id.