Step 1 - Creating a new form
From the Dashboard, click Online Registrations.
Click +Add New Form to create a new form.
Step 2 - Setting up the form
Enter the name of your Form in the Form Name field.
Do not include the year or grade in the name - these are managed separately so that grades can be added/removed, and the form can be used and updated over multiple years/seasons, saving you a lot of time.
If you are creating the form for a sport, select the sport from the Sport drop down list.
Next, select the season or year in the Season drop down list (optional but recommended).
Next, click Add Grades. It is recommended to create at least one grade (even if there is only one) so that you can use TeamBuilder™ to create Teams under the grades.
Enter a name for a Grade in the text box, then click Add Grade. Grades are used to separate age groups and levels within a form. For example, you may have a Grade Under 12, which may have three teams - U12 Team A, U12 Team B, and U12 Team C.
When you are done adding Grades, click Close.
Enter an email address into the From email field. This is a required field where you enter the email address in which registrants are able to reply to their form confirmation emails to. This field will often already be pre-filled with the email address of the person who created the form however, you can change this to another email address.
Step 3 - Advanced form options
Click Advanced Options to view further options for your form. Here is an explanation of each of the options:
- Email a copy to the registrant - this sends a copy of the completed form to the registrant once they have submitted the form.
- Visible in mobile app - users can view and complete the form via the mobile app.
- Allow registrant edit - this enables the registrant to edit their form submission after it has initially been submitted.
- Email copy of registration confirmation - enter an email address here if you would like to receive a copy of all registrations. You have the ability to add more than 1 email address in this field. Separate with a comma.
- Start date - if you wish to enable the form for registrations on a specific date, enter the date here using the Date-Picker.
- End date - enter the expiry date of the form here using the Date-Picker.
- Next season form - only concern yourself with this if you have created the next season's form. You can link this form to the next season's form using this option.
Click Advanced Options again to minimise the options.
Step 4 - Introductory text and terms & conditions
In the Intro Text text area, place some introductory text for the form. This should include who should register and what they are registering for, along with any other information registrants should know before registering. You can include links to documents or other pages form within this text area.
Step 5 - Editing the registrant details section
By default the first section of the form is named Registrant Details however, this can be renamed. This section contains a system of preset form fields that you can select from. Click on the field you want to add to your form from the list and click Add.
The preset fields are: First Name, Last Name, Email, Maiden Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Ethnicity, Secondary Ethnicity, Photo, Address and Phone.
On all forms the fields of First Name, Last Name, and Email are mandatory. You can set any additional fields to be mandatory by ticking the Required checkbox. You can also change the labels of the form fields, for example, instead of First Name, Last Name, Email the fields could be Student first name, Student last name, Parents email.
If selecting the ethnicity field, this will be pre-populated with NZ European, Maori, Pacific Islander, Asian or other.
Step 6 - Adding a section
Form fields are grouped into sections to help structure the forms. The first section is set by default and has preset form fields. To create your own custom form questions and fields, you must first create a new section.
To create a new section, click Add Section. You may then name the section.
Step 7 - Adding Form fields
Click Add Question. Type your question into the text box that appears. Next, choose your form field type from the drop-down-box to the right of the question. The type you choose depends on your question. Here is a summary of the types:
- SingleLineText - use for small text answers.
- MultiLineText - use for longer text answers.
- SingleChoice - this allows users to only select one option from a list.
- MultiChoice - this allows users to select multiple options from a list.
- Yes/No - use for yes/no questions.
- DateOfBirth - use for asking date of birth.
- Date - use for asking for a date in the future.
- Address - use for addresses. Designed to auto complete using Google places.
- Email - use for email addresses. The form cannot be completed unless an email is entered
- GradeList - use when you have grades set up and would like users to choose a grade.
- TeamList - used when you have teams set up, and would like users to choose a team.
- Gender - Male/Female option.
- Document - lets the user attach a document e.g. birth certificate
- AddText - lets you add text between fields e.g. as an explanation
- Checkbox - displays a tick box
- Drivers license - specific field type where you must enter 2 letters followed by 6 number which is a drivers license format e.g. BJ378394
Depending on what field type you choose, you may need to enter additional information, for example with SingleChoice and MultiChoice - you will need to enter the list of options.
Step 8 - Arranging sections and fields
You can always change the order of questions in your form. If you have multiple sections, you can drag-and-drop them into order using the Arrows button at the top of the section.
You can change the order of questions within a section by using the Arrows button connected with that question.
You can delete sections and questions by clicking on the Trash Can icon at the top of a section for a section, or next to the question for a question.
Step 9 - Saving the Form
When you are happy with your Form, click Save Form. Clicking Cancel will cancel all changes and go back to Online Registrations.
Select a folder or create a folder to save the form in.
The Form will now show in Online Registrations in the selected folder.
Forms can be displayed using the Online Form Widget within the Website Builder, or displaying a link to the form with the Link Icon of your form in Online Registrations.