There are several of ways you can display a document on your website. Under Site Settings > Documents and Media Manager, choose the folder you wish to upload the document into, then click Add File.
For further instructions on how to upload a document see click here.
To display a document on your website you can either:
- Create a link in a text box
- Display the document as an image on your website
- Linking to a document from a button
- Linking to a document from an image
- Displaying the document list widget
- Using the drop-down list widget
1. Create a link in a text box.
To copy the link of your document click the clipboard icon of the document you want to copy the link of.
A window will pop up with the URL of your document. Click copy to copy the document URL.
Using the text widget on your site, you can now highlight the text you want to link the document to, and click the link icon in the editing ribbon. A window will pop up where you can paste the link you have copied into the URL field.
Click OK and then Save to save the changes to the text area. In the public view of your website, you will now be able to click the linked text to download your document. You can see what document is linked by hovering your mouse over the text area. The cursor will change into a hand to show the link in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
2. Display the document as an image on your website
Copy the link to the document as per the instructions listed above. Navigate to a text box on your site and paste this URL directly into the text box. You will see it display a "Click here" hyperlink for a few seconds, before it renders to display the document in it's entirety.
3. Linking to a document from a button.
To learn more about how to link a document from a button click here.
4. Linking to a document from an image.
To learn more about how to link to a document from an image click here.
In the button widget settings tick Document, then select the document to link to.
5. Displaying the Document List widget.
To learn more about displaying documents using the document list widget click here.
6. Using the Dropdown List widget.
To learn more about displaying documents using the drop-down list widget please click here.