Competition organisers find it useful to create a test/dummy competition in SKED to enable scorers to have the opportunity to practice scoring a game in the game day app prior to their competition starting. Below are the steps on how you can do this.
- Create a competition in SKED called Game Day App Testing, including the required grades
- Rename the phase to “App Testing” and Update the phase settings using Bulk Edit as follows:
- Add two preferred dates – choose dates prior to the upcoming season
Note: for grades with a bye a third date can be added to phase settings to ensure that all teams have at least 2 games to practice scoring. This can be a double header if required by adding the same date twice and selecting “Fill all venues at first preferred time then use alternate time” in the preferred time settings.
- Edit Game Duration, Preferred Times, and Venues so there is capacity for all games to be played on the selected dates
- In Advanced Settings increase the number of teams per draw to the highest number of teams in any of the chosen grades. This is to ensure that only one section is required per grade.
- Save Phase Settings
- Add teams to the section in each grade by selecting the Go button or drag and drop the teams into the section
- Rename each section to “App Testing” in each grade
- Select Generate Draw
- Select Add to Calendar
- In Draws & Results, apply date filters for all rounds, select Bulk Edit and select Publish All Draws.
Note: No Draws & Results widget will be added to the website for this competition, so these fixtures will not be visible to the public from the website view.