Complete the Safety Structure Application form to get a homologation certificate. This certificate number will digitally update your vehicle record, and a PDF of the approved structure will be sent from MSNZ.
Adding an Application
A Safety Structure Application can be applied for by the vehicle owner, someone else, or a recognised manufacturer. In all cases, you will need a profile to do the application.
Go into your vehicle record, drop down the vehicle history section and click add form. Select the MSNZ Safety Structure Application from the dropdown. You will be prompted to add a new application or to update an existing application. An existing application can also be completed by clicking the update application button on the current application in the vehicle history screen.
Search for the vehicle by the chassis ID or from your linked vehicles. Open the vehicle record and click the Safety Structure Application button. You will be prompted to add a new application or update an existing application.
Search for the vehicle by the chassis ID or from your linked vehicles. Open the vehicle record and click the Safety Structure Application button. You will be prompted to add a new application or update an existing application. You will also have options to add a new type approval or an existing type approval. If selecting an existing type approval, then you will be able to select from a list of existing type approvals.
Completing the Application
The vehicle details will be pre-filled, complete all other fields, and then submit. A payment cart will pop up for you to pay any fees. An inspection will be required, you will need to contact MSNZ to organise an inspection. Once the inspection has been completed the application can be reviewed and approved by MSNZ.
Read this article for more information on adding/renewing a vehicle application.
More Details of the Application Process
- New Application: This will open a blank form for you to complete. Use this to lodge any new safety structures or safety structure replacements.
- Existing Application: This will copy the existing application and allow you to make any changes. Use this to lodge any repairs or extensions to an existing application. There are no fees for repair applications.
- New Type Approval: This will create a brand new type of approval application. Give the type of approval a name so it can be selected when doing another application.
- Existing Type Approval: This will copy all details from the original type approval and allow you to make any changes. If you have over 6 other applications for this type of approval, an additional fee will be raised.
- Approved - MSNZ has reviewed the application and all conditions are satisfied.
- Declined – MSNZ has reviewed and declined the application.
Submitting the Application
An application can be edited if it has not yet been approved by MSNZ. This will allow you to gather all required information before submitting to MSNZ. To edit, just click the edit application (below) button. Once you have completed the application check the declaration box so MSNZ knows that the application is ready to be processed.
Once an application is approved, a certificate number will be generated and this will display against your vehicle in the app profile.
To become a recognised manufacturer you will need to contact MSNZ. MSNZ will review your application and enable type approvals to be logged in your profile.
A PDF certificate will be created and sent to you from MSNZ.