Complete the MSNZ Official Registration form to obtain an Officials's digital licence. Use this form to apply for Official roles (i.e. Steward, Clerk of the Course) as well as Volunteer Officials (i.e. flag marshal, etc).
Completing the Form
The majority of the fields required for your licence application will be pre-filled from your profile details. If these details are not yet set in the profile, you can complete these in your licence application and they will automatically update your profile.
Complete all other fields, check the terms and conditions then click Submit. MSNZ will review your licence application. Once approved you will receive a conformation email and access will be enabled into the MotorSport New Zealand app.
New, Renew, Upgrade, and Downgrade
- You can apply for a new licence at any time.
- You can renew a licence if the previous licence is not older than 24 months. Renewing a licence will copy all fields from the original licence and lock the position field.
- You can upgrade/downgrade a licence if the previous licence is not older than 24 months. The expiry date will be retained from the original licence.
Each Official position you are applying for will need to be applied for separately, but multiple Volunteer Official positions can be applied on the same application. All positions will then display on the single digital licence.
Some licence grades require a licence exam. The exam may need to be completed before the licence can be approved.
- Pending - Application lodged and waiting for MSNZ.
- Approved - MSNZ has reviewed the licence and all conditions are satisfied.
- Declined – MSNZ has reviewed and declined the application.
- Disabled – A licence can be disabled if it is historic or if MSNZ have decided to revoke your licence.
The expiry date will be set to the last day of the approved month + 12 months. On renewal of an Official licence, this will add 12 months to the end of the current expiry date.
For Stewards, the expiry date will be set to 30 June of that year.
After completing the form, MSNZ will review the application and assign any roles that are required for access into the app. Volunteer Officials will not be given officials access to the MotorSport New Zealand app, all other official positions will be granted access. See this article for more information.